Incredible Health Benefits of Air Compression Leg Massager
Massaging your feet isn’t something new. In fact, technology in the sector of massage has brought modern machines to aid in the process, for example, being an air compression leg massager. Air compression leg massager benefits are immense. And when properly used, you can recover quickly from what is ailing you.
Today, we look at the advantages of using this machine as well as how it functions.
What is a Leg Air Compression Massagers?
The leg air compression massagers, also called Air Relax leg massager, is an essential device in relieving pain. Typically, you wear this machine around your legs, and it will stimulate efficient blood circulation in your feet. Proper flow of blood in the feet will, in turn, expedite the process of healing.
Each leg wrap has four chambers. Each of these chambers is meant to hold and release pressure. So for effective results, you must feel each chamber with pressure. However, it offers 4 levels of pressure, but with several pressure patterns. This allows you to customize the air compression therapy you need.
For instance, a default pattern with low pressure is suitable for people that are trying the air compression leg massager for the first time. On the other hand, people who have been using it for quite some time can use higher settings.
It is worth pointing out that higher levels of pressure normally impart heavy-duty pressure. This is only ideal if you have a serious problem that needs correction.
Nonetheless, the device is easy to use; well-made leg wraps offering an easy way to slip in your legs, a quiet functioning pump, and providing an easy platform for selecting the operation modes.
Again, note that the leg compression sleeves are principal devices in hospitals for physical therapy. But there are various versions you can use at home, and you can find them in the market. The home versions have two leg and foot cuffs, controller, motor, hose, and thigh cuffs.
The hosepipe connects the motor, the controller, and the cuffs. Then the motor generates pressure/ air compression that presses and massages the point where you have placed the cuffs to stimulate the flow of blood, ease fatigue or drain fluids.
You can use these kinds of air compression leg massager on the leg, arms, thighs, and even the thighs. And it will ease muscle soreness effectively.
Air Compression Leg Massager Benefits
About 96% of amazon reviewers recommend this device. The device incorporates the latest digital technology to provide dynamic compression to your feet or arms.
Remember, these machines have extensive use in the sports environment, physical therapy sessions as well by professional athletes. They are essential in enhancing training and treating injuries. Further, you can use it in:
- Improving muscular recovery: after intense sporting activity or exercises, muscles usually wear out. So you need to give them time to heal. The recovery time may take longer. But with air compression therapy, you can reduce this recovery time. Some recent studies have shown that lymphatic therapy can accelerate the process of muscle recovery.
Here is how: The lymphatic system is slow because it doesn’t have a pump. The only way to accelerate the flow of fluids is through lymphatic therapy done by air compression leg massager. The machine will induce natural sequential compression to flush out the wastes.
- Improves the blood circulation: the leg massager lessens the heaviness in your legs. Additionally, it relieves you of the achy sensation after an exercise. Proper blood circulation gives you the much-needed relief as well as speeding up the process of healing of injuries. Therefore, people having muscle soreness, surgery, trauma, or daily wear and tear can use this method.
- Eases pain and aches: when used in the right way, the machine will reduce the intensity of aches. Such relief is vital in helping users to manage their health conditions and consequently live a productive life.
- Helps to drain accumulated fluids: edema, primary Lymphedema, and Venous insufficiency may cause swelling, especially in the feet. In most cases, lymphatic fluid may accumulate in the feet or other parts of the body. This is an uncomfortable state. The leg massager can drain the fluids, which will enhance your mobility as well as protect your veins, connective tissues, and muscles.
- Muscle toning: air compression leg massager stimulates fat metabolism, thereby toning the skin. It breaks down cellulite and reinforces connective tissues.
Who shouldn’t use this machine?
If you have the following conditions, I suggest you consult a doctor before using the method:
- High blood pressure patients
- Those with pacemaker
- You have an implant in the area of application.
Do not use if you have:
- Acute pulmonary edema
- Acute infections
- Episodes of pulmonary embolism
- Bone fractures/dislocation
- Blood Clots
- Acute thrombophlebitis
- an open wound at the site of application
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Air compression therapy is one of the easiest and painless methods to accelerate recovery from a sports injury or simple muscle soreness. The method is effective and safe. With the right machine, you can cut the recovery time by half.