With daily activities any time inner knee pain may occur for an injury. These unexpected aches have already compelled to bear numerous people to steady suffering. Except injuries, excessive labor, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are the other reason of this chronic pain.
Pains to this most important orthopedic joint brings prolong discomfort that disrupt normal living. Sometimes that affects on musculoskeletal system (Locomotor System) which subsequently may stuck normal movement of the body.
In accordance with researched based collected information, here we have tried to briefly discuss about it. We hope, this information’s may be helpful for facing and prevent these intolerable pains.
General Reasons Treatment and Prevention of Inner knee pain
Recent studies have described that, a traumatic clash during sports, falling from top and accidents are the main reasons for inner knee injury. These incidents are responsible for following sorts of injuries. However, we also have discussed in this following session about simple treatment tips along with prevention advice.
1. Medial Collateral Injury (MCL)
Among others, sprain and tearing are the most common hyperextended knee injuries. Twisting with an extend angle or an unexpected hit are responsible for these injuries. The medial collateral ligament (MCL) bonded along the outside of knee joint in between thigh and shine bone.
So, whenever MCL receives an unexpected hit; these flexible fibrous connective bands of tissues within knee joint get tearing. Bleeding occurs inside gets clotting as well. Pain comes along with blackish swelling. Knee gradually may become standstill with movement. Walking even standing would be tough with intolerable pain.
2. Meniscus Injury with varied tearing
Meniscuses are the cartilages that receive pressure between knees joint. So, lateral meniscus (LM) and medial meniscus (MM) are attached to shine bone that adsorbs shock of knee motion. While receives a heavy hit to these meniscus areas and gets tearing is called meniscus injury (best knee brace) . This injury accelerates medial knee pain running.
Relevant Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) report shows that, something unexpected hit on any meniscus usually brings following sorts of meniscus tearing.
Intrasubstance / incomplete tearing.
This sort of tearing indicates the degenerative issues on meniscus tissues. Incomplete tearing increases stability of meniscus injuries. No need of surgical operation for healing pain for this tearing.
Shape of this tear appears horizontally into circumferential fibers of the meniscus. This tearing can be repaired by horizontal stitching. Mention able here that, treatment of this tearing depends on the position that where has it taken place. If it’s positioned between vascular portions of meniscus, so there is chance of healing. But if it’s in a central position of meniscus, so no need to perform a surgical operation for repairing. This will not be healed.
When two or more tearing happens that is called complex tearing. Generally this tearing shows at middle bottom portion of meniscus. This sort of tearing comprises of both radial and horizontal tearing. Treatment of this tearing is also complex. But it has been observed that, by removing some torn meniscus other meniscus-es can be repaired.
This tearing takes place at the center of a vascular zone. This is a very complex situation and removing the torn meniscus by surgical operation is the only way as treatment.
Generally flap tearing takes place bottom left corner of the meniscus. This is an exceptional tearing. This tearing can be easily removed without removing few tissues at all.
The massive tearing on extended part of meniscus is called bucket-handle tearing. This tearing is the deadliest tearing that stuck normal knee movement. Knee becomes standstill. For getting normal knee motion immediate surgical operation is required.
3. Bursitis inflammation
Bursae, the fluid filled sacs are supports bones, tendons and muscles. This sac supports for not to get friction between bones during motion of the knee. Bursae situated between medial collateral ligament and satorius, gracilis and semtendinosus. These tendons are totally called as pes-anserinus. When bursa receives a hurt extra fluid from sacs comes out that causes inflammation which called as pes anserine bursitis.
In accordance with American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons the symptoms of pes anserine bursitis include:
- Pain slowly develops inside of knee or in the center of the shinbone. At 2 to 3 inches below the knee joint.
- More pain appears after exercise or climbing stairs.
The same association suggests about this sort of knee pain treatment as follows:
- Taking rest without continuing activities or make sophisticated alternative efforts till clear up of bursitis.
- Applying ice after a short span of time. Apply three or four times a day for 20 minutes duration.
- Taking anti-inflammatory medicine. Aspirin and ibuprofen may decrease the pain and inflammation.
- Applying Injection of solution of anesthetic and steroid into the bursa, which generally results immediate relief.
- Applying physical therapy for specific stretching exercises, and ice and ultrasound treatments.
If pain with symptoms continues, surgical operation can be performed by orthopedic surgeon to remove the bursa. This should be performed as immediate as possible.
While putting weight if leg feels discomfort after a surgical operation, crutches can be used for few days. Normal activities will be resumed within 3 weeks of the procedure.
Attached tendons and thick veins with muscles are linked with bones as well. Irritation and inflammation between them is known as tendinitis. During tendinitis acute pain feels around knee.
With degenerative process this affects bones and cartilages. Supportive cartilage between knee joints start breaking down. Gradually pain feels on knee during walking, climbing up on stairs and getting down from stairs or sitting on a chair as well. Generally the people of 50 above age can suffer with this disease.
6. Rheumatoid arthritis
This is an autoimmune related disease that is one of the causes of pain on knee joints. This disease is the cousin of arthritis which derives as same form.
7. Medial knee pain
This pain feels between inside of the knee anatomy. For an overuse of little flexions in the joint lining is called medial plicae. These can be irritated due to continuous folding. In such condition, acute pain feels immediately. Slowly stuck of motion of knees will gradually take place. Out of total reasons for this pain mainly MCL tearing, tearing on medial cartilage, tendinitis, pes anserine bursitis, arthritis on knee medial plicae syndrome are the reasons.
With age related degenerative changes like muscle weakness or tightness, bone decay this pain start nesting on entire knee areas. However commonly after 50 years bone thickness start losing. Thus osteoarthritis come which subsequently may be turned into osteoporosis. In addition, sometimes when uric acid into blood increased, knee pain comes immediately.
Medial knee pain exercise
Any exercise shouldn’t be taken when acute pain with swelling exists. After reducing swelling and acute pain, some simple exercise can be taken maintaining these exercise manners.
- When knee doesn’t have normal motion to get full extension, in this moment needs an exercise with slowest motion. Before lie down on a ground, roll up a towel beneath heel of your injured leg. Wrap the towel around your ankles in such a way that a distance of 6 inches is created between ankle and the ground. Slowly try to straight your knee. Make repeated effort for 2 minutes. Do it 4 to 5 times a day. Also you can do it by sitting on a chair as well.
- A sliding exercise can be tried by sitting on a hard surface. Try to slide your injured knee toward your chest. Then lean to one side and hold the ankle with your hand and try slowly pulling it towards back. Do it as you can tolerate. But don’t apply heavy pressure.
- After lying down on unhurt side of your hips try to bent and feet together. Pull your top leg to upward touching your heels each other. Keep it for 2 seconds.
- Try to curve your injured knee to uninjured side. Put your feet flat on a plain surface. Then try to lift your injured leg at 8 inches off the surface. Try it repeatedly for a short span of time.
Except above mentioned exercise, there are been a plenty of exercise methods can be beneficial for you. However, your doctor or physiotherapist will advice the better as per your injury trend.
Around the globe inner knee pain is one of the significant problems. People with any age can be suffering with the disease. We know the people into universal circumstances are involved with various activities. Motion of knee within activities brings lot of reasons for this unexpected pain. Already numerous people have been experiencing.
We think this article will help sufferer and non-suffers for doing better along with gathering some information about this deadly pain.